Building Automation System Estimator – Dartmouth, NS
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Building Automation Systems Estimator located in Dartmouth, NS
Our client is seeking a detail-oriented Estimator to join their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. As an Estimator, you will play a crucial role in preparing accurate and competitive project bids. The successful candidate should possess strong analytical skills, a deep understanding of building automation, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
Joining the team means being part of a company that values its employees and promotes a positive work environment. They offer competitive compensation packages, opportunities for professional growth, and a supportive team that fosters innovation and excellence. They take pride in delivering high-quality projects to their clients and need a skilled Estimator to play a key role in ensuring our success.
What will you do?
- Oversee bidding process for small to large bid opportunities.
- Identify technical requirements of the bid and address them with the Engineering Consultants
- Develop bid preparation schedule identifying the tasks, assignments, and deadlines for preparation of complex bids
- Develop and submit final bids in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedure
- Attending bid handover meetings and reviews with operations team to highlight challenges
- Develop working drawings and negotiate material prices.
- Attend site walks and support field staff as required.
- Assist with technical design submittals
- Participate in debriefing session at substantial completion of project.
What will you bring?
- Engineering Technology degree/diploma, or equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Building Automation experience and the ability to proficiently read drawings and specifications is required.
- Previous experience in a construction-related field would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard office software
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter