Buyer – Stavanger
Work Location: Stavanger
Contract Period: ASAP – 6 months
ERP systems : POS/SAP
• Knowledge in understanding and updating MRP (POS/SAP system) demands
• Review purchase requisitions to compliance with regional and global processes.
• Manage Price Variance verses budget, standard, prior purchases
• Ensure that for intercompany inventory purchases, PNs are created in all entities & ensure communication with all.
• Ensure clear communication with service base requestor to manage proper urgency & deadlines and latest action plan.
• Manage open PO’s through to close out
• Managing Tracking suppliers delivery / OTD on a weekly basis and updating bases
• Elaborate – manage supplier market studies & identify opportunities to reduce costs
• Demonstrate negotiation skill with suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Support understand supplier contract and able to provide guidance to service bases
• Manage supplier (qualification) in collaboration with SQ team and service base portfolio.
• Identify opportunities to develop potential supplier agreements in conjunction with Category Managers and Direct Manager.
• Understand and apply of regional & global procurement requirements
• Ensure SOX, global, regional, base processes are thoroughly followed
• Follow procedures for QHSE. Participate in improvement initiatives.
• Propose substitution where needed, but retrieve approval prior proceeding.
• Ensuring input is clear and identification of potential supply chain.
• Understanding of service base – customer specifications and requirements
• Understanding, discussion and follow-up with finance department.
• Performs RFQ (Request For Quote) evaluation …
• Raising, amending, printing and expediting of PO’s
• Walk through critical orders
• Manage subcontract activities with subcontract reports
• Manage procurement & financial process control & ensure they are followed
• Work with Suppliers on quality issues
• Monitor vendor delivery status
• Ensure vendor on time delivery is reviewed and measured.
• Raising / monitoring and closing quality Notifications within SAP in a timely manner
• Work closely with other process operators to resolve material shortages, pending parts, part master errors, etc.…
• Manages supplier relationships
• Manage suppliers’ capacity constraints …
• Identify opportunities to implement frame agreements and contracts.
• Work with purchasing team to meet positive PPV (purchasing price variance)
• Manage cost control to achieve target objectives.
• Review and improve Purchasing
• Good technical understanding and be capable of identifying spares and products is a plus
• Fluent English / Good written and verbal communications.
• Have worked in a procurement and manufacturing environment
• Understanding of supply-chain
• Understanding MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
• Understanding of procurement & TechnipFMC processes
• Understanding of technical drawings/specifications and materials.
• Computer literate MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Proven knowledge with a ERP ( SAP and ARIBA is essential
Minimum NIMA Level III or similar education is required, however minimum 4 years of relevant purchasing experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
o Minimum 4 year work experience from Purchasing is required
o Minimum 2 year experience with use of MRP/SCM tools including minimum 1 year experience in use of SAP
o Very good oral and written skills in Norwegian or other Scandinavian language is required as well as English
o Have to demonstrate negotiation, planning, communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with co-workers and suppliers in a team-oriented environment.
o Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective and efficient manner
o Financial awareness with respect to project activities and their cost impacts.
SAP roles according to the role as Buyer/Purchaser
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager