Category Buyer – Oslo
Duration: 12 months, start up asap.
Contribute to SignAn and TMS Overall Procurement Strategy
Defining Long Term Procurement Strategy forRail Equipment, Outdoor and Indoor Installation + Power Cables
- Developing a category strategy, that meets the regional and global business objectives
- Actively sourcing, assessing and qualifying potential suppliers
- Understanding the demand for this type of activities across the Customers oranisation
- Collating and optimising the demand
- Setting up contractual agreements
- Analysing and reporting on Spend Management
- With the support of the Global Category Manager, keeping abreast of industry/ family best practices.
Leading the tendering process for bids and projects by:
- Executing the sourcing strategy through a disciplined RFI/ RFQ tendering process
- Managing the RFQ process, which includes creation of RFQ package, release to market, review supplier responses, provide recommendations
- Identifying risks and opportunities
- Influencing the design and/ or specification to generate additional savings
- Proposing a negotiation strategy and lead the negotiation
- Coordinating closure on the final decision
- Executing the procurement contract
Supporting the Supply Chain process by:
- Managing the supplier’s performance (quality, cost and timely delivery), including risks and opportunities
- Leading the supplier performance review program
- Managing key Project stakeholders
Establish PO in OCM through actual business support system assistance
Act as Subcontract Manager in execution project.
Experience with Oracle Core Model (OCM ERP system) is an advantage but not a requirement
- 7+ Years Procurement, Contract Management or Commercial experience
- Experience working in a complex Project environment
- Experience working within a large organisation and dealing with all levels of management
- Experience in negotiating and managing contract spends of up to $50M per annum
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop strong relationship with internal stakeholders and influence decisions
- Recognised professional accreditation (CIPS, EIPM, RICS or equivalent)
- Exposure to the Transportation environment
- Exposure to Installation or Construction Procurement.
- Exposure to procuring complex products or systems.
- Experience in dealing with sourcing during the bidding phase to Customers.
- Team leadership or management experience also highly regarded
Values & Behaviours:
- Displays passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving work-related goals under difficult circumstances
- Team player and ability to interface well and influence effectively at all levels with internal customers, partners and suppliers
- Ability to work under their own initiative and within agreed frameworks
- Business aware and customer oriented with organisation and commercial awareness
- Manage time effectively and prioritise workload
- Flexible and open to change
- Pro-active and enthusiastic attitude
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: