Civil and Structure Engineer – Newcastle
You are a project management professional looking for a challenging project that will stretch your skills? Dovre is looking for a Civil and Structure Engineer who has experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar industries to support our clients with key projects. The Position is contractual.
Dovre Group is a global provider of high-value project management services and has been supporting its clients since 1984. In 2021, the Dovre Group’s net sales were EUR 142.7 million and its operating result was EUR 6.1 million. Project Personnel accounted for 53%, Consulting for 11% and Renewable Energy for 35% of the net sales. Dovre Group employs more than 870 people worldwide and executes assignments in more than 20 countries.
The candidate must lead, review, assess and manage scope of works of the allocated FEED/EPC package under the direction of their delegated Senior Project Engineers and Project Manager. The candidate must also review, participate, guide and manage the FEED/EPC contractor in developing the scope of works as defined in the various Work Entity Releases (WER’s) (relevant to the FEED phase).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision of civil and Structural engineering execution in detailed design, production of calculations for heavy equipment foundations, buildings and steel structures.
- EPC/FEED Analysis and design of modular steel structures including sea transportation, lifting analysis, skidding analysis, load out and stress analysis.
- EPC/FEED Design of structural steel and precast pipe racks.
- EPC/FEED Design of structural steel technological structures, process plant structures.
- EPC/FEED Design of blast resistant buildings.
- EPC/FEED Design of compressor/table top, pumps and similar types of machine foundations.
- EPC/FEED Design of Equipment foundations like exchangers, coolers, process columns, steel stacks, horizontal vessels, pipe supports.
- EPC/FEED Design of specialist structures like chimneys, natural draught cooling towers, pre-stressed bridges, arch bridges.
- Conversant with all the international design codes of practices such as American and British codes, International Building Code (IBC).
- Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Review drawings, specifications and calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards
- Coordinate the design effort to support the materials requisitions and ensure these documents comply with the technical project specifications.
- Analyze disputed item from technical and contractual aspects and prepare required official response.
- Responsible for processing and following up change orders requests. Preparing required Justification Work Sheet, Issuing Change Order Request to Contractor and lead scope alignment process with Contractor.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
- 10-15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
- Good working knowledge of Aramco standards and procedures and International standards
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Excellence/ Drive for results
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: