Civil Engineer 4-Water – Indianapolis, USA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Civil Engineer 4-Water located in Indianapolis, USA. This is a permanent full-time role.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Lead Civil Project Engineer to join our thriving team! In this role you will have significant opportunity to work on water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure projects with a focus on the delivery of projects by leading significant portions of a variety of facilities throughout the cycle of design, construction, and startup phases. You will work closely with technical experts and the project management team that will result in your being exposed to the most current technologies in the industry. The right candidate will, with minimal supervision, apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses to challenging problems and methods.
The core requirements for this role are strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of design specifically applied to water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure design. The right individual will have experience with hands-on involvement in developing reports or technical memos, completing studies, detailed designs, and specifications, collaborating to complete cost estimates, and preparing contract documents. Participation in scheduling, budgeting, and contract administration for infrastructure projects is also part of the role, including involvement in business development and preparation of proposals. The successful candidate will have significant interaction with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants on a regular basis.
This position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth!
- Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes, policies and procedures relative to assigned tasks
- Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with quality program relative to assigned tasks
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with the quality program
- Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: overseeing collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work; leading smaller production teams; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on less complex projects
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on less complex projects
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry
- Designs a complete project of moderately complex scope within an assigned practice area(s)
People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country or be in active pursuit* of such registration.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: