Commissioning Ops Supervisor 2 – Control Room – Edson, AB
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Commissioning Ops Supervisor 2 located in Edson, AB.
- Direction and supervision of unit operations during the startup phase.
- Support of on-the job training program for the client’s staff, including evaluation, and functional supervision/direction of the owner’s staff.
- Establishes of operating procedures, routines, and controls to support the startup effort.
- Supervises other Operations Supervisors on staff.
- Establishes and implements a program of operations planning, communications, and control in order to support the startup effort.
- Assesses the capabilities of the operations staff and address any weak areas as allowed under the contract.
- Supervises client’s staff on operational activities.
- Establishes and maintains an operations log and operations instructions, ensuring activities and instructions are properly recorded and available to all concerned parties.
- Assists in startup activities planning relating to operational activities.
- Monitors and controls a shift or crew of operators for best effectiveness.
- Provides functional supervision of other operations supervisors assigned to the project.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Acts in capacity of a “lead person”.
- Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
- Directs client’s operations staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years experience operating similar type generating units, including 5 years of startup experience preferred.
- Project Instructions Manual and contract documents.
- Division Policies. Communications Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Knowledge of Power Plant Operations.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- OSHA 10 Hour Training.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: