Completion Engineer Surface Treatment – Haugesund
Work Location: Haugesund
Duration: 01.03.24 – 30.06.26
• A Surface Treatment Completion Engineer is responsible for overseeing construction activities regarding Surface & Metallization on behalf of the Company, starting at the earliest stages of construction at yard.
• Role holder shall monitor all major aspects of the development, report directly to Construction Site lead on any issues that may impact of HSSEQ, schedule, financials, and team members, while making recommendations on problem-solving solutions.
• The Role holder is a part of the Project Construction team.
• Demonstrate HSSEQ leadership by being a role model. Promoting HSSEQ principles, mindset, and Company SAFER Values. Active participation to achieve project HSSEQ goal.
• Demonstrate HSSEQ Leadership by emphasizing personal commitment
• Review Client’s technical documentation and requirements and ensure an adequate standard
• Monitor the design basis for the Painting/Metallization and ensure good interface with other disciplines and construction.
• Member of the companys Construction Site team and contribute to the group as the driving force within your discipline. For day-to-day business report to Construction lead on site.
• Assist the project engineer for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting other departments on Painting and Metallization Systems.
• Follow up QA/QC routines and procedures for the Construction/Completion phase and follow up by site inspections including pre-fabrication site and report all non-compliance, comment activities to QA-plan, audit, and verification plan.
• Participate in inspection activities according to Inspection and Test plan (ITP) as required
• Ensure good communication between contractor and Company and be the connecting link between Site and company engineering office
• Ensure that operators have adequate skills in respective trades and continuously follow up on quality of installation activities
• Follow up the MC documentation from subcontractors during the installation period and verify MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company.
• Follow up site progress and the MC documentation during the installation period and verify MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company, monitor and report MC status in PIMS CMS. Ensure completion of MC dossier for handover is issued by contractor in accordance with requirements for commissioning. Sign as verifier on behalf of Company in PIMS CMS.
• Monitor receipt and storage of materials to ensure traceability and that systems and equipment are protected and preserved through fabrication, installation, and hook-up.
• Participate in SJA, Risk Assessment, HAZID, HAZOP or other HSSEQ related reviews when required.
• Contribute to the Management of Change process and to project risk workshop. Identify and follow up relevant opportunities, risks, and mitigating actions.
• Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction
• Actively seeks out know how and best practice, related to own area of contribution
• Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur
• Actively promotes open and effective communication
• Strong planning and organizing ability
• Actively promotes a positive team environment, demonstrating shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider project organization
• Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently according to LEAN principles
• Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value
• Good knowledge of the English and Norwegian languages (both written and verbal)
• SAFER to be part of the daily work.
• Experience, qualifications, and abilities
• Bachelor’s degree, technical college or similar
• FROSIO Lev.3 certified or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in oil & gas Industry, preferable engineering/Operation
• Working praxis abroad on another Yard is preferable.
• Knowledge and practice of applicable standards, design, construction, operation
• Experience with MC/fielding work, PIMS CMS experience
• Committed to company HSSEQ policy and principles
• Act responsibly and in accordance with company SAFER Values and Quality requirements
• Act in accordance with company ethical guidelines and code of conduct
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Maud Lindy Tønnessen