Cost Analyst – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Cost Analyst. this is a permanent full-time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Support the preparation of estimates, including the development of proposal and Contract Change Proposal (CCP) artefacts as required
- Conduct analysis of planned versus actuals
- Contribute to estimating function processes and policy
- Provide cost analysis across multiple business functions
- Contribute to the development of estimating management plans that address overall program needs.
- Provide timely cost analysis updates to the Senior Manager on changes that impact the estimating function
- Take a pro-active role in addressing and resolving issues that have the potential to impact the successful and timely completion of the program.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in relation to resourcing requirements
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, identify, monitor, mitigate, action and report on all estimating risks that impact requirements (including scope), effort (hours) and schedule
- Monitor changes in design to provide recommendations of effects on overall costs
- Prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc with regards to cost impact change
- 5+ years experience as a cost analyst, cost specialist or in a similar role
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Knowledge of accounting processes and cost analysis software tools
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and relational databases
- Strong analytical skills
- A business acumen
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication aptitude
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Willingness to interact and communicate with all levels of management
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major construction contracts or Defense contracts considered an asset
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment considered a strong advantage
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: