Cost Analyst – Northern Canada
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Cost Analyst, located in Northern Canada.
- The Cost Analyst reports to the Cost Control Manager and works in collaboration with the operations management team to track and analyze operational costs. The Analyst does this by using standard site policies and procedures while at times having to develop their own procedures. This role ensures awareness of costs/spending in the operations department which leads to proper planning, budgeting, and cost reductions.
- Work directly with Managers for budgeting and annual planning.
- Train departments on proper use of General Ledger Codes, Cost Centers, and Budget Workbooks Gather data from SAP and Finance to compile weekly cost reports.
- Create weekly Labour Cost Reports based on inputs from HR.
- Build business cases as needs arise.
- Attend and participate in daily operations meetings.
- Assist operations managers in researching their costs for monthly cost reports in SAP.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for tracking costs.
- Set up Fuel accounting system to accurately track fuel costs. Analyse results of system.
- Assist managers in accounting of operating costs versus capital costs.
- Facilitate monthly and weekly cost reviews with managers.
- Provide Finance team inputs for reporting during month end.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- 3-5 year’s previous experience in a financial role.
- Knowledgeable with SAP – systems expertise and efficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of software products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel proficiency with Building Macros and Modeling.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter