Cost Engineer – Stavanger
Work Location: Stavanger
Contract Period: 01.08.2021 – 31.12.2022
• Responsible for all Project Cost Engineering deliveries within the integrated project(s) for all project phases from DG0 to DG4
• Responsible for accurate and consistent Cost tracking and Cost Management in EcoSys
• (Pro)Actively propose improvement of EcoSys system functionality and cost engineering process
• Develop and maintain the quality of project specific WBS/CBS in accordance with corporate standard WBS methodology
• Responsible for transfer of the Estimate into Control Budget (MCE) and be able to explain basis for cost estimates, estimate and baseline assumptions
• Responsible for close cooperation with Alliance Project Teams to capture, understand, control and trend changes and impact of changes to Alliance MLCs and integrated project EAC
• Responsible to integrate project cost data from all delivery lines project (Asset, Pre-Ops, Reservoir, D&W, Facilities)
• Responsible for project cost forecasting and variance analysis vs MCE/CCE, previous forecasts, VOWD
• Apply and explain impact of change of corporate assumptions to project VOWD, EAC.
• Participate in project change management by reviewing scope changes, assessing impacts of project changes on project cost. Maintain project cost change register in accordance with applicable procedures.
• Develop, implement and manage contingency drawdown plan, provide visual reports to PM
• Correlate cost data with other project controls data (schedules, manpower, productivity etc), investigate variances, prepare analysis, highlight inconsistencies and propose mitigating actions.
• Read and acquire a thorough working knowledge of relevant documents such as (but not limited to) articles of project contracts and MLC agreements, PEP, PDO, SOW. Seek clarification from others in the project team
• Provide data to Corporate memory and benchmarking, project close-out report. Compare final outcome with MCE and CCEs
• Responsible for managing accruals, cash flow input, invoice handling, preparation of requisitions
• Provide input to risk management, change management, quality management
• Present cost status and cost reports in meetings
• Support PCL/PM/PSM with ad-hoc requests
• Actively participate in Cost Management networks and improvement initiatives
• BSc/MSc. in Engineering / Economics / Management or equivalent education
• Expertise and deep competence in Cost Engineering discipline, tools and methods (e.g. EVM)
• General knowledge of a range of the other project control and project management disciplines
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Projects
• Good knowledge of SAP, PIMS, EcoSys, Microsoft Office, Power BI
• Strong digital competence and interes
• Technical understanding and broad exposure to full life cycle projects in the industry is an advantage
• Experience form operator companies
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior Recruitment Manager