Cybersecurity Architect – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Cybersecurity Architect. This is a permanent full-time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Security Assurance you will be part of a team responsible for system security engineering for the Canadian Surface Combatant Project, including but not limited to the following:
- Support the development of the security posture for the Canadian Surface Combatant through Cybersecurity Architectural and Engineering decision for the CSC baseline architecture.
- Reviewing architectural and engineering documents to meet cyber requirements for naval systems including:
- Security plans for marine based combat and platform systems
- Marine system security architecture
- Security requirements traceability
- Security assessment plans and reports
- Supporting security control design and solution planning on all identified CSC systems, noting that the structure of this design process aligns with NIST SP 800-160 – Considerations for a Multidisciplinary Approach in the Engineering of Trustworthy Secure Systems.
- Conduct assessments of the security of systems design and provide recommendations to mitigate threat vectors.
- Liaise with Canadian government security agencies
- Applying techniques and guidance from National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for System Security Engineering (NIST SP 800-160) as well as other NIST documents (i.e. CSF, 800-37, 800-53, 800-61, 800-82, 800-161 and 800-171).
- Assisting design teams with architecting and engineering cybersecurity solutions for Navy Combat and Platform Systems.
- Based on security assessments of ship systems, assist design engineers and make recommendations on which security controls to implement to best address cyber risk posed by threats to information systems, control systems, and operational technology.
- Identify and document security architectures at the system and ship (system-of-systems) levels.
- Identify and document security operations required to maintain security posture
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing technical cybersecurity architectural and engineering documentation such as the system security categorization, system security architecture and system security design specification.
- Support creating cybersecurity test and evaluation plans and procedures or system security.
- Develop plans, procedures and processes as required in support of program requirements.
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities as needed.
- Assist in security and risk assessment of systems and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program, Combat System and Platform Engineering personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives).
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm, and proactive behavior within the Security Assurance team.
- The role will also include working with engineering teams in both the combat systems group and the platform systems group to incorporate security mechanisms and devices to satisfy security requirements and manage cybersecurity risk to the ship mission assurance. Working collaboratively in the Systems Engineering team, you will provide guidance and advice to subcontractor teams on how to use security controls to satisfy security outcomes to manage risk to ship mission assurance. You will assist in choosing appropriate ways to verify and validate the security designed into the ship systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and other formal training and experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the following fields:
- Network or Industrial Control Systems maintenance or design
- Security Architecture Design experience for enterprise networks, operational technology, marine systems or equivalent
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), or eligible and able to complete.
- Security assessments using NIST SP 800-53 / NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF).
- Systems or software engineering experience using ISO 15288 / NIST 800-160.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, NATO Secret Clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: