Director, Quality – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Director, Quality located in Halifax, NS.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and strict adherence to a quality program.
- Develops and/or reviews standards, policies, and procedures for all functions and departments involved with or related to the production and assembly of all products.
- The Director – Quality has the ultimate authority and decision over the shipment of any product or products and accepts the responsibility for products being in compliance with all regulatory and company standards.
- Define, develop and roll-out a Zero-Defect Strategy program across the business.
- Review and resolve quality control problems/concerns with the Quality department staff and others including vendors, customers, quality control personnel, and any personnel related to production.
- Coordinates and assists with vendor inspections.
- Schedule and perform quality audits and report findings to the company’s Executive team and help develop corrective action plans and ensure timely resolution of findings.
- Develop and drive shipyard quality KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and share reports with the Executive Team.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with the internal and external stakeholders (operations/planning/engineering leadership, training leaders, customers and classification partners).
- Anticipate customer needs and vendor expectations and drive actions to create consistent customer satisfaction.
- Leads the quality control team, ensuring development, engagement and business results are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (e.g. Engineering, Marine Studies, Business)
- MBA and/or professional Quality designation or equivalent are considered assets
- 10+ years working in Quality within the Shipbuilding, Aerospace or Heavy Industry business
- 5+ years of functional senior leadership in a Quality function
- Experience within a naval new build environment, preferably with a Classification Society
- Experience building comprehensive Quality programs and implementation plans
- Strong knowledge of ISO compliance standards, problem-solving and root-cause analysis
- Track record of achieving results while maintaining internal and external customer relationships
- Strong analytical, collaboration and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Our client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Job ID: #29721