Distribution Engineer 3 – Atlanta, GA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Distribution Engineer 3.
- In this role you will be working in a mid-level distribution design engineering capacity. Under close supervision, you will perform distribution design engineering functions requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles.
- This level builds on experience gained as an entry-level Engineer by either obtaining more depth in specific subject area with the expectation that assignments are larger and more complex, or by gaining experience in more subject areas.
The main functions of a field engineer are as follows:
- Review engineering design from subcontract engineering firm.
- Drive the route to validate design.
- Support construction crews with engineering questions in the field.
- Support real estate and permitting gather field data.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and the Company’s policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with the Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering distribution design deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- 3+ years in distribution design.
- Knowledge of pole loading calculations, distribution framing, and placement/location of distribution equipment.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles (preferably in medium voltage distribution design) and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment: extensive sitting, keyboarding and telephone usage.
- Limited lifting/carrying of files and boxes
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: