Distribution Engineer 5 – Houston/New Orleans/Baton Rouge, USA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Distribution Engineer 5.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and the Company’s policies
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines
- Independently applies knowledge and complies with the Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Company’s quality program
- Provides related guidance and direction to others
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or ma
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
- Uses industry and client specific software packages (OpenUtilities, O-Calc, SYME) to perform engineering designs.
- Supervision in design of projects using CAD, GIS Systems, or other client systems as required.
- Performing calculations such as pole loading, cable pulling, capacity, guying, and fuse calculations.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
- May offer other services to the clients
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area
- Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges
- Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems
People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- May participate in career planning, and learning and development Resource Management – (budgets, tools, processes, project support): Implements resource management strategy
- Industry recognized credentials preferred as needed; PE Professional Engineering registration, or be in active pursuit of such registration (EIT).
- NCEES record
- OSHA 10hr Training
- Experience in performing power studies and system evaluations
- Construction experience a plus
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity And Building Effective Teams
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Typical office and/or home work environment.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: