Drilling Facilities Project Manager – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Drilling Facilities Project Manager.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for the oversite and execution of a broad range of Drill Rig Recertification & Upgrade Projects across multiple disciplines. They will oversee and direct a multi-disciplinary team of Project Engineers, Key Vendors and Stake Holders to ensure Overall Project is on-time and within budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as senior member of Project Management Team, working alongside Senior Project Coordinators and leadership sponsors to set the direction and pace for the project – Role has primary responsibility and accountability for safe and successful execution
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and holding teams accountable to meeting key deadlines required for successful project execution
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a main point of contact for teams to ensure alignment on roles and responsibilities
- Communicating with Leadership on progress, key concerns / challenges and ensuring the organization is aligned with project goals and progress milestones
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or seeking approvals and funding for project changes
- Maintaining line of site on Project Cost & Scope
- Preparing materials for stakeholder engagement discussions including Gate/Check Point Reviews
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ Degree in Engineering
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to delegate effectively
- Time management skills
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project Management software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Minimum 10+ Years Oil & Gas Experience, or equivalent heavy industry experience, familiar with Offshore Planning & Execution working within POB Limitations
- Management Experience. Although management experience in the potential employer’s field is ideal, a combination of experience in the industry and management experience in another area may be acceptable.
- Familiarity with Drilling Equipment/Systems would be an asset.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: