Electrical and Instrumentation Planner – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Electrical and Instrumentation Planner.
Provide onshore maintenance support to the project to enable the operation to meet or exceed its SH&E and Business Plan objectives.
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Advisor includes:
- Primary contact for the day-to-day maintenance support to project operations for queries, spare parts, etc.
- Assist in development and implementation of Onshore/Offshore Planning process.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of equipment strategies.
- Bill of Materials development and optimization.
- Maintenance Program optimization (right work, right frequency).
- Identification of equipment reliability improvement by evaluation of : “bad actors”, MTBF analysis, etc.
- SAP support and assist in its development.
- Participate in Turnaround planning and work scope development.
- Resolve technical queries associated with SAP data history.
- Assist in the coordination of repairs.
- Liaise closely with the Engineering Group on M&R related activities.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of oil and gas processing facilities, experience in the offshore is desirable
- 5 years working in or in support of a maintenance organization
- Experience working in a Computerized Maintenance Management System, SAP experience would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of computer programs such as MS Outlook, Excel & Word
- Adaptability and initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflict.
- Be physically fit and achieve BST qualification to enable offshore visits on an occasional basis.
- Previous experience in a closely related position
- Safety Champion – portrays a personal example of excellent safety, performance, mindset, and commitment
- Extensive knowledge of various mechanical skills (pipe fitting, welding, boiler making, electrical, rotating equipment, instrumentation, X-ray techniques and interpretation)
- Proficient in reading mechanical drawings, blueprints, isometrics, P&IDs
- Ability to understand field changes and red-line drawings
- Ability to coordinate various mechanical resources according to schedule and plan
- Good teamwork, interpersonal skills, and ability to work with multiple workgroups
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiar with MOC process and PSSR (pre-startup safety reviews) process
- Basic safety training and/or site-specific training
- Demonstrate the belief that accidents are preventable by including safety in assigned work activities
- Create and share personal safety plan with work group
- Facilitate and participate in safety meetings
- Demonstrate understanding of and verify compliance with safety standards, work practices, work permit requirements, and various safety systems
- Trained to safely access field areas to observe work being performed
- Trained/fit-tested on usage of SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) equipment and various respirators as needed
- Trained in use of standard PPE (hard hat, gloves, eye, and hearing protection)
- Trained to access scaffolds and ladders using fall protection PPE as needed
- Trained in Company’s permitting system and qualified to receive job permits for themselves
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: