Electrical Designer – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Electrical Designer located in St. John’s, NL
- Drafting and design of electrical systems for industrial, mining or infrastructure projects
- Ability to work as part of a team, applying skills to both new construction and renovation projects related to power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and communication systems.
- Work under the direction of Electrical Engineers to develop working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed construction document packages for submission in AutoCAD.
- Utilization of CAD aided design software for the creation of single line diagrams, motor schematics and wiring, General Arrangements, distribution panels, grounding, lighting, and cable tray.
- Ability to create and maintain cable schedule and material take offs.
- Work with other disciplines and vendors to coordinate designs and obtain relevant product details.
- College diploma or equivalent as Electrical Engineering Technician or Technologist.
- 7+ years’ experience of drafting electrical, controls and instrumentation deliverables, preferably in an engineering environment.
- Strong proficiency with AutoCad in preparation of complete electrical design drawings.
- Able to work within defined schedules and deadlines.
- Able to quickly absorb and use company-specific techniques, standards, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the CEC, OESC, CSA and OBC Standards.
- Experience with construction inspections would also be considered an asset
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: