Electrical Engineer 3 – Markham, ON
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Electrical Engineer 3 located in Markham, ON.
Our Client is engaged in a variety of engineering and design activities in support of the addition of small modular reactor (SMR) technology for GEH in North America, in particular Canada. This work entails studies, design verification, and conceptual layout for SMR units and the Balance of Plant systems required for support. Structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation/controls professionals are needed to work as part of our Client’s team. Professionals will be integrated into the Client’s existing teams based on expertise and experience. Nuclear experience can be utilized but is not absolutely required.
Our Client seeks both entry-level and mid-level candidates. Positions will be predominantly working remotely with some requirement to be on site.
- Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist.
- Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis.
- Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline.
- May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with the Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
- May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects.
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be both an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to accept both internal and external (client) feedback.
- Willingness to learn processes and procedures special to the nuclear industry.
- Citizen status compliant with 10 CFR 810.
- Canadian Citizens, or dual Canadian/Citizens of other compliant nations listed in this standard.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: