Electrical Planner – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Electrical Planner in St. John’s, NL.
Duration: 3- 6 -month contract, position may be shortened or extended at the clients discretion.
Assemble all supporting documents, drawing and procedures for work scope execution
- Create material masters for new materials,
- Populate SAP work order with activities, resources, and materials,
- Communicate openly with the Maintenance Planning & Scheduling and Reliability leaders and raiseany issues or concerns,
- Work with Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Operations, Reliability, and Maintenance
- Execution to improve maintenance programs,
- Provide feedback to Reliability to improve effectiveness of maintenance strategies and tactics,Perform warehouse verification of materials/tooling,
- Integrate maintenance outputs from asset strategies to requirements of Maintenance, Operations, and material logistics (Link maintenance procedures and check sheets to the PM programs (TaskLists) in SAP),
- Creation of preventive maintenance (PM’s) programs to ensure comprehensive work ordergeneration – includes maintenance strategy, maintenance items/plans/task lists and related foundational SAP system elements,
- Proactive forecasting, data analysis, and quality control methods will be used to ensure complianceagainst regulatory, environmental, and assessed-risk requirements,
- Determine master data requirements, including materials, BOMs, etc.,
- Development of task lists where required,
- Document development of any Maintenance/Ops documentation (e.g. check sheets).
Required Education/Qualifications & Experience:
- Formal certification (diploma) in Electrical Technology, Journey person status,
- Experience with an offshore oil and gas environment. Minimum 2-5 years’ experience,
- Experience planning work activities within a computerized maintenance software system,
- Experience working with P&IDs, Isometrics, and Control Drawings,
- Experience with Hazardous Area Environments, Equipment Certifications, and commoninstallation practices,
- Electrical safety, power generation/distribution, small power equipment, heat trace and electricmotors,
- Experience with MS Office and SAP would be an asset,
- Strong working knowledge of mining/oil & gas / industrial process systems and equipment(e.g. electrical distribution, protection and control, plant process instrumentation and control,pumps and motors, analyzers and alarms, pressure vessels, tanks, piping, package boilers,steam/power co-generation).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment,
- Good knowledge of planning and scheduling concepts and practices,
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills,
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple and changing priorities under tight deadlines with strongdecision-making skills,
- Possess solid leadership and communication skills to interact with all functions and levels ofleadership,
- Understand complex processes, and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement andcreative process enhancements,
- Familiarization with the Terra Nova FPSO and having a strong mechanical background would bean asset,
- A strong working knowledge of master data, SAP maintenance programs, reliability methodologies,engineering documentation, and best practices in Maintenance and Reliability to identify andchampion improvement opportunities,
- The Planner will work collaboratively with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement andachieve world-class results.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: