Emergency Response and Oil Spill Advisor – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Groups is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Emergency Response & Oil Spill Advisor in St. John’s, NL
Duration: 18 months
- Coordinate the development of emergency response plans, ensure alignment and integration of those plans with corporate policies, and ensure the needs of other key stakeholders are met,
- Develop, implement, support and instruct management and staff in emergency management techniques, including organization and facilitation of training and exercises,
- Maintain emergency response centre and team readiness,
- Support the provision and maintenance of offshore oil spill response equipment, including the management of response contractors,
- Stay engaged in current and emerging regulatory compliance issues, industry standards, and best practices relating to emergency response and oil spill equipment and preparedness.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Marine Sciences or equivalent,
- Five years of related experience in emergency management and oil spill response in the offshore oil and gas industry,
- Completion of the Marine Spills Response Operations Course (MSROC) or equivalent,
- An understanding of the Incident Command System (ICS) emergency response structure, including completion of ICS 100 and 20^at Q a minimum.
- Knowledge of offshore oil spill planning and response, including equipment deployment and strategies (e.g., mechanical containment and recovery, spill treating agents, etc.),
- Knowledge of the techniques associated with the cleaning and rehabilitation of oiled seabirds,
- Ability to complete technical evaluations of best management practices and technologies for oil spill response and make recommendations for implementation,
- Knowledge of critical incident stress management, emergency notifications and crisis communication
- Excellent presentation, written communication, group facilitation and training skills,
- Knowledge of corporate and regulatory reporting requirements.
- The position is based onshore in an office environment,
- The position will be required to support On-Call Emergency Response Team,
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change,
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary integrated team environment,
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter