Engineering Manager 5 – Water – Charleston, SC
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Engineering Manager 5 – Water. This is a permanent full-time position is located in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Functions in a lead role overseeing the technical execution of a project.
- Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
- Provides technical guidance over a group and supervises engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity.
- May be responsible for budgeting, scheduling, developing, validating, and presenting technical output in support of a project.
- Under the direction of a Project Manager, interfaces directly with the Client on all technical aspects of the project including the management of change associated with the project work scope, contract terms or any subcontract contracts.
- Supporting business development of proposals.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Company policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Independently applies knowledge and complies with Company’s quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with Company’s quality program.
- Provides related guidance and direction to others.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Project Execution Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for a project.
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods.
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
- May offer other services to the clients.
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Actively manages project changes directly with the Client with supervision from the Project Manager.
- Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
- Participate in career planning, and learning and development.
- Implements resource management strategy.
- Manages engineering resources for small groups with multiple disciplines.
- Administrative responsibilities may include office administration.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup.
- Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs.
- May approve timesheets and expense reports.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration
- Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
- Intermediate knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
- Intermediate business & financial acumen
- Intermediate knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure
- Intermediate knowledge of management techniques & administrative practices
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration. Additional professional registration or licensure may be needed when practicing or on assignment in a different country. Exceptions may be approved by division management on a case by case basis.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Communicates effectively
- Drives results
- Decision quality
- Plans and aligns
- Directs work
- Manages conflict
- Manages ambiguity
- Customer focus
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Builds effective teams
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: