Engineering Technician 3 – Nuclear – Canada (Remote)
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Engineering Technician 3 – Nuclear. This is a remote position.
- The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 3 under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating or modifying deliverable.
- May begin to provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians.
- Continues to learn and remain current standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Company policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Begins to proactively apply knowledge of the Company’s Quality Program to ensure that the deliverables are accurate and compliant.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Broadening the use of applications to learn to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform basic computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- Assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Company policies and procedures.
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Basic knowledge of company quality program Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
- Typically, a minimum of 2-year related work experience.
- Autodesk, AutoCAD
- Bentley MicroStation Experience 2D/3D
- Excellent time management
- Team building
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: