Engineering Technician 4 – US Hybrid
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Engineering Technician 4. This is a US hybrid position.
US Hybrid – Candidate must be located within 50 miles from one of the following office locations and willing to work in the office three days a week.
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Bloomington, Minnesota
- Columbus, Ohio
- Fort Worth, Texas
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers.
People Management – (supervision – career development – developing professionals, mentoring):
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience. Experience with Mechanical equipment and piping layout/design in the Water/Wastewater Treatment Industry is preferred.
- Ability to use Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD), information modeling or other applications or design or modeling skills and/or design principles and practices. Required sofware skillsets include AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and AutoDesk Revit 3D.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control and departmental guides.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter