Engineering Technician 5 – Water – Process Mechanical – US Hybrid
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Engineering Technician 5 (US Hybrid)
US Hybrid – Candidate must be located within 50 miles from one of the following office locations and willing to work in the office three days a week. Please specify office location on resume submittal.
- Walnut Creek, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Marcos, California
- Los Angelas, California
- Denver, Colorado
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Functions in a lead engineering technician capacity.
- Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and may perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop moderately complex design concepts.
- Provide technical guidance and may provide direction to other engineering professionals.
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures.
- May review project requirements and accurately determine the correct format and contents of the required deliverables.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- May apply basic engineering principles and established design practices in developing moderately complex design concepts and deliverables.
- Begins to apply judgment and make decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
- Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance to other professionals. Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records.
- May review the deliverables of others.
- May define work assignments and maintain schedules.
- May program control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized area of expertise.
- Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while utilizing an understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
People Management – (supervision – career development – developing professionals, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, and recognition.
- Provide guidance to lesser experienced Engineering technicians.
- May provide mentoring, instruction, delegation of work and feedback.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- 3D DESIGN
- PIPE DESIGN
- DOCUMENT CONTROL
- QUALITY PROGRAM
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- AUTO CAD
- PROJECT COORDINATING
- Typically a minimum of 5 years related work experience. Preferred industry experience would include Mechanical equipment and piping layout/design in the Water/Wastewater Treatment market.
- Experience in the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments to include but not limited to CADD or other electronic applications. Required software experience includes AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and AutoDesk Revit 3D.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control and departmental guides.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Basic knowledge of procurement and contract administration.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: