Engineering Technician 7 – US Hybrid
Dovre Canada Limited is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Engineering Technician 7. This is a US Hybrid position.
Functions in a senior lead engineering technician capacity. Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop complex design concepts. Provide technical guidance and may provide direction to other engineering professionals.
- Applies basic engineering principles and established design practices in developing moderately complex design concepts and deliverables.
- Applies judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
- Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance to other professionals.
- Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records.
- Uses advanced applications (e.g., modeling and design software) in performance of work provided.
- May review the deliverables of others.
- May define work assignments and maintain schedules.
- May program control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized area of expertise.
- Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development.
- May support field activities.
- May communicate project design requirements, progress and schedules.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ability to use the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments.
- Include but not limited to CADD, other electronic applications, information modeling and document storage systems.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- 3D design & other CAD software knowledge a plus.
- Experience with engineering calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of utility scale solar design. (50MW+)
- Advanced knowledge of above and below grade cable routing and installation requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of solar cable messenger systems such as CAB products is a bonus.
- Intermediate knowledge of trenching and directional boring methods for electrical cables.
- Advanced knowledge of grounding methods for utility scale solar plants.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical equipment placement and clearances applicable to utility scale solar plants.
- Intermediate knowledge of inverter skids applicable to utility scale solar plants.
- Basic knowledge of how electrical equipment placement and cable length affects maximum voltage drop limits applicable to utility scale solar plants.
- Basic knowledge of cable tie-in connections at substations.
- Basic knowledge of site preparation for utility scale solar plants.
- Ability to produce physical designs from scope documents
Advanced knowledge of the following codes and application of their requirements to utility scale solar plants:
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NEC – National Electrical Code
- NESC – National Electrical Safety Code
- NEMA – National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- NFPA – National Fire Protection Agency
Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: