Field Engineer Structural (Lead) – Batam, Indonesia
Location: Batam, Indonesia
Duration: 01/11/2023 to 02/06/2025
Monitor contractors’ performance and make sure that structural construction is safely and timely carried out in accordance with specifications and regulations in the contract. Shall identify deviations from the agreed scope of work and schedule and suggest remedial actions as required during execution phase.
• Be an HSSE ambassador, ensure HSSE procedures are adhered to, and proactively strive for good HSSE and quality performance throughout the work.
• Participate in tool-box meetings and Safety Meetings
• Provide experience into the structural part of the schedule, participate in constructability, schedule reviews, and ensure a realistic schedule is produced.
• Assist Contractor in resolving technical problems during the execution of building- or installation work at a construction site.
• Follow up and ensure efficient close out of technical queries related to the structural discipline. Liaise with FFA discipline engineers as required.
• Manage Stuctural/Welding inspectors and ensure SRU and TEG Modules are constructed as per project design and Company Requirements
• Review and comment on site specific procedures related to heavy lift, internal transport and load-out.
• Review and comment on structural ITP and witness checkpoints on behalf of Company
• Monitor and attend Mechanical Completion activities for structural discipline
• Seek for continual improvement of work processes and products within own responsibility area
• Contribute to interface up against relevant disciplines, Fab. Eng., planning department and production etc.
• Weekly reporting to Site Manager on ongoing activities
• Contribute to Lessons Learned, experience transfer and Close Out Report
Theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of Structural Design and Fabrication, including heavy lifts and load-out.
Knowledge to applicable project documents, standards, and specifications.
Proficient in MS Office, experience in use PIMS is an advantage.
Experience from working in SE Asia.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in structural engineering. Relevant experience from similar positions in other oil & gas projects may make up for formal education.
Minimum 10 years relevant experience.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Maud Lindy Tønnessen