Field engineer surface treatment (Lead) – Batam, Indonesia
Location: Requested start date office Fornebu: 01.12.23 Approximate start date on site in Batam, Indonesia: 01.01.24
Duration: 04/12/2023 to 02/06/2025
Monitor contractors’ performance and make sure that structural construction is safely carried out in accordance with specifications and regulations in the contract. Assist Contractor in resolving technical problems during the execution of building- or installation work at the construction site and be an HSSE ambassador.
• Be an HSSE ambassador, ensure HSSE procedures are adhered to, and proactively strive for good HSSE and quality performance throughout the work.
• Attend tool-box talks and Safety Meetings
• Assist Contractor in resolving technical problems during the execution of building- or installation work at a construction site
• Participate in Constructability Reviews and seek Construction Friendly solutions.
• Follow up and ensure efficient close out of technical queries related to the structural discipline. Liaise with FFA discipline engineers as required.
• Review and comment on site specific procedures, CPT etc. related to Surface treatment.
• Review and comment on surface treatment ITP and witness checkpoints on behalf of Company
• Seek for continual improvement of work processes and products within own responsibility area.
• Contribute to interface up against relevant disciplines, Fab. Eng., planning department and production etc.
• Weekly reporting to Site Manager on ongoing activities
• Contribute to Lessons Learned, experience transfer and Close Out Report
Theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of Surface treatment Design and Fabrication.
Knowledge to applicable project documents, standards, and specifications.
Proficient in MS Office, experience in use PIMS is an advantage.
Experience from working in SE Asia is an advantage.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in structural engineering. Relevant experience from similar positions in other oil & gas projects may make up for formal education.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Maud Lindy Tønnessen