Field Supervisor Surface Protection, Insulation, Architect and Welding/NDT – Offshore Brasil
Work Location: Offshore Brasil
Duration: 01.10.21 – 01.05.22
Number Consultant: 1
The discipline field supervisor shall:
• Follow up and support to ensure that all construction activities related to surface protection, insulation and architect are prepared, performed, completed and documented in accordance with rules, regulations, standards and contract requirements.
• Display personal commitment to HSE throughout the project execution.
• Deputize for other team members as required.
• Facilitate coordination and cooperation across disciplines to contribute to efficient hook-up.
• Follow up welding and NDT to ensure that an acceptable quality level is achieved and that an acceptable level of progressive sampling is carried out to verify the integrity of the welds that are already completed.
• Monitor Contractor’s performance with emphasis on HSE, technical quality, progress, cost and minimised carry-over work:
– Attend inspections during all stages of the hook-up to ensure that the correct quality is delivered.
– Identify deviations/non-conformities and handle these in accordance with project procedures.
– Ensure timely closing and verification of actions and punch items.
– Ensure that mechanical completion is achieved with a minimum of punch listed items.
• Act as a safety role model and be a Safety Ambassador always.
• Be proactive and take corrective actions as required, without undermining Contractor’s responsibility.
• Use own experience and competence to influence technical solutions.
• Establish close communication with Contractor, from management to individual disciplines.
• Coordinate and cooperate across the offshore hook-up team and with engineering in Houston. Ensure high focus on other interfaces as they are defined.
• Ensure high focus on interfaces towards all involved parties and coordination at site.
• Experience transfer to and from the project.
• Relevant formal education, competence within coating technology, polymeric materials and insulation. Preferrably also welding/NDT competence.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience from oil & gas projects
• Experience in follow-up of coating activities and insulation work in projects
• Multidiscipline understanding and ability to work across all areas in the project
• Extensive knowledge with governing documentation
• High focus on HSE, ethics and values
• Well-developed cooperation and communication abilities
• Ability to work structured, systematic and target-driven
• Ability to handle responsibility and periodically high work loads
Language requirements: English
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Maud Lindy Tønnessen