FPSO Hook-Up & Commissioning Lead – Offshore – International
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: FPSO Hook-Up & Commissioning Lead.
- Overall supervision for FPSO hook-up & commissioning activities to ensure that the Project’s requirements are executed safely and meet customer, applicable Classification, statutory rules and project specifications
- Proactively resolve hook-up & commissioning issues with the contractor as required
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design
- Responsible to execute the FPSO hook-up & commissioning process
- Plan the sequence of offshore hook-up activities to enable mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to proceed as per schedule.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are allotted to each team to complete their activities per the schedule
- Assign tasks to hook-up & commissioning resources in a clear and organized fashion (with well-defined scope and expectations, eliminating duplication of effort and planning activities in required sequence)
- Interface closely with Operations and construction teams to ensure all work is performed in accordance with the PTW/LOTO procedures
- Troubleshooting and resolution of hook-up & commissioning issues
- Ensures the hook-up & commissioning team adheres to Company established commission guidelines, protocol and documentation package requirements
- Interface and communicate with Project Team and Construction Management expectations for mechanical completion regarding documentation requirements, punch list items, and timely completion of construction work
- Execution of the commissioning turnover processes and interface with the Operations team
- Ensure all of the commissioning testing activities are documented and understood by all team members
- Notify Project Manager of items that could impact schedule and implement corrective action, as required
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety–safe working practices for the position
- Practical, field-oriented and proactive approach for issue resolution
- Ability to manage the contractual requirements along with knowledge of the relevant codes and standards
- Mechanical and systems completion experience in Korean fab yards including FPSO start-up experience at offshore location
- Experienced with self-propelled disconnectible turret FPSOs
- Ability to review systems completion software input / output to identify discrepancies and problematic areas requiring management attention to meet schedule
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A recognized engineering degree
- 15-20 years of commissioning experience in the oil & gas environment with a focus on FPSOs
- Offshore FPSO hook-up and commissioning experience required
- Strong interpersonal and excellent English language communication skills are required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work to achieve them
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil & gas
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: