Human Systems Integration Senior Specialist, CSC – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Human Systems Integration Senior Specialist, CSC. This is a permanent full-time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Maintain Human Systems Integration (HSI) and Human Factors Engineering (HFE) for a complex major surface combatant
- Develop, execute and coordinate HFE/HSI in accordance with the Human Systems Integration Program Plan, Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and DND Policy
- Ensure requirements for verification & validation are consistently met
- Conduct human-in-the-loop testing
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to HFE/HIS
- Evaluate Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated, and recorded
- Provide HSI and HFE input to Integrated Project Teams and Working Groups
- Contribute to Hazard Identification, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Promote a positive Product/System Security, Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm, and a proactive nature within the Project
- Act as a role model for professional behavior.
- Academically qualified with an Advanced University Degree in the discipline of Human Factors, Ergonomics, or Human Systems Integration;
- 5 Years or more experience in the following areas:
- Human Systems Integration or Human Factors Engineering
- Systems Engineering in large and complex Defence acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Experience with the application of Human Systems Integration into new, complex acquisition projects would be considered an asset
- Experience with NATO armed forces would be considered an asset
- Experience working in design, integration, installation, and test of defence systems would be considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, NATO Secret Clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: