Instrument/Control Engineer 4 – Nuclear – Toronto, ON
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Instrument/Control Engineer 4 – Nuclear. This is a contract position located in Toronto, ON.
- Our Client is seeking a Lead Instrumentation & Controls professional to assist in the technical design documentation for General Electric-Hitachi (GEH)’s BWRX-300 Small Modular Reactor (SMR) technology for a Nuclear Power Plant.
- Our Client is engaged in a variety of engineering and design activities in support of the addition of small modular reactor (SMR) technology for GEH in North America.
- This work entails studies, design verification, and conceptual layout for SMR units and the Balance of Plant systems required for support.
- Instrumentation and controls professionals are needed to work as part of the Client’s team. Professionals will be integrated into our existing teams based on expertise and experience.
- Nuclear experience can be utilized but is not absolutely required.
- Working directly with the project team to generate engineering design documents and deliverables for systems related to the power plant (drawings, calculations, studies, etc.).
- May lead small teams or review and provide oversight of lower-level engineering work or assignments.
- Previous I&C design experience for large scale power plants. Nuclear plant experience would be considered a plus.
- Experience in developing control system network architecture diagrams, I/O list, instrument data sheets, control narratives, control logic diagrams, Piping and –Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for control and instrumentation, and procurement specifications for I&C equipment
- Experience in instrumentation application and selection and process automation systems
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be both an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to accept both internal and external (client) feedback.
- Willingness to learn processes and procedures specific to the nuclear industry.
- Maintain some flexibility in work hours, if required by the client or project.
- Requires a Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license or the ability to acquire P.Eng. license within 6-12 months from hire
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: