Intermediate Procurement Specialist – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Intermediate Procurement Specialist located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This is a permanent full-time role.
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Issue POs for material and/or services
- Build and develop long-term supplier relationships
- Negotiate contracts and long-term agreements
- Execution of negotiated contract through ISI’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
Academically qualified with a recognized university bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Science or Engineering
- 3 Years or more experience in Supply Chain Procurement, preferably in aerospace, manufacturing, shipbuilding or the defence industry
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strives to take timely and effective action to complete tasks
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure to market analytics and insights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of industry wide Project Controls systems
A competitive salary and benefits package, include but not limited to:
- Relocation (where applicable)
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan.
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs.
- RRSP matching program.
- Health & Wellness reimbursements.
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Growth and progression opportunities within the organization and its larger network of companies.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter