Intermediate Procurement Specialist – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Intermediate Procurement Specialist located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This is a permanent full-time role.
The successfulcandidate will be in charge of executing the following activities:
Supplier management including:
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- Issue POs for materials.
Contract management including:
- Negotiate contracts and long-term agreements,
- execution of negotiated contract through ISI’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems,
- provide advice on contractual claims.
Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies,
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead- time and capacity).
Continuous improvement including:
- Support new product introduction activities,
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes.
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services.
- University Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry in a supply chain or engineering function Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
A competitive salary and benefits package, include but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan.
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs.
- RRSP matching program.
- Health & Wellness reimbursements.
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Growth and progression opportunities within the organization and its larger network of companies.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter