E&I Construction Superintendent
Haven't found what you are looking for?
- Instrument, Controls & AutomationsWork together with engineering disciplines and commissioning on any issues raised in the hand over process related to SAS systems. Reply on queriesRogaland, Norway
- Instrument, Controls & AutomationsJob Purpose The role of the Cost Engineer provides advisory support to the project management team related to all the cost related activities. TheUnited Arab Emirates
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following key contract position - Instrument and Control Engineer. Candidates with recent ARAMCO project experience are welcome to apply.
The purpose of the E&I Construction Superintendent is to guarantee the compliance from the Contractor within the following subjects:
- The Scope of Work
- The Aramco and International applicable standards
- The Quality of the Engineering Design
- Optimization of Electrical Project Design to optimize the Operational cost & Maintenance cost
- The Appropriate equipment manufacturing
- The Project Engineering and Purchasing Schedule
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Review design packages for electrical systems and equipment (i.e. Power & Distribution Transformers, motors, generators, High voltage/low voltage switchgear/Motor Control Center (MCC), distribution network, control equipment, power outlets etc.)including drawings, datasheets, detail scope of work, calculations, Bill of Material / Quantity and preliminary cost estimates, Hazardous Area Classification and System Study.
- Monitor the fabrication progress in all the Contractors fabrication yards.
- Assist and support POD representatives for all the pre commissioning activities in the yard.
- Prepare the Project Design Basis Document as per the project scope.
- Prepare the entire project load lists based on the project scope.
- Manage the electrical activities of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractors during the Front End Engineering Development (FEED) and design phase.
- Carry out analysis of major equipment selected in the design package.
- Support and attend the equipment “Factory Acceptance Tests” (FAT).
- Experience in project execution in accordance with Saudi Aramco and World Wide industrial standards.
- Monitor and review in coordination with Saudi Aramco PMT the performance and work quality of the contractor.
- Ensure that the design work by contractor is in accordance with Aramco design standards (SAES, SAMSS), applicable codes/regulations, and acceptable work practice.
- Work closely with Engineering Teams during the project to ensure facility integrity in terms of HSE.
- Provide technical assurance for electrical discipline deliverables for projects.
- Prepare approvals of the electrical engineering packages prior to being issued for construction.
- Lead and recommend new improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standards.
Educational & Technical Requirements
- 5-10 years of experience in design, engineering and construction (Aramco experience is preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree within the Electrical Engineering field or a BA in Science with a focus in Electrical Engineering
- Certified Engineer desirable
- Engineer must be familiar with NEC, IEEE/ANSI, IEC and other International electrical standards, best practices and value practices
- Be fully familiar with analogue and Digital Control Systems including Power System Automation (PSA), DCS, PLC and SCADA controls
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is required to perform the necessary analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations and keep up with technical advancements
- Have experience with Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) or similar software and all Microsoft office.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: