Haven't found what you are looking for?
- Instrument, Controls & AutomationsWork together with engineering disciplines and commissioning on any issues raised in the hand over process related to SAS systems. Reply on queriesRogaland, Norway
- Instrument, Controls & AutomationsJob Purpose The role of the Cost Engineer provides advisory support to the project management team related to all the cost related activities. TheUnited Arab Emirates
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following key contract position - Instrument and Control Engineer. Candidates with recent ARAMCO project experience are welcome to apply.
The purpose of the Electrical Engineer is to guarantee the compliance from the Contractor within the following subjects:
- The Scope of Work
- The Aramco and International applicable standards
- The Quality of the Engineering Design
- Optimization of Electrical Project Design to optimize the Operational cost & Maintenance cost
- The Appropriate equipment manufacturing
- The Project Engineering and Purchasing Schedule
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Review design packages for electrical systems and equipment (i.e. Power & Distribution Transformers, motors, generators, High voltage/low voltage switchgear/Motor Control Center (MCC), distribution network, control equipment, power outlets etc.)including drawings, datasheets, detail scope of work, calculations, Bill of Material / Quantity and preliminary cost estimates, Hazardous Area Classification and System Study.
- Prepare the Project Design Basis Document as per the project scope.
- Prepare the entire project load lists based on the project scope.
- Produce technical reports for the scope of work, and technical specifications for specific electrical equipment which are not mentioned in Saudi Aramco Engineering Standard (SAES) and Saudi Aramco Material Specification (SAMSS).
- Manage the electrical activities of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractors during the Front End Engineering Development (FEED) and design phase.
- Coordinate with Project managers to finalize the Electrical Engineering scope for the entire project / package.
- Carry out analysis of major equipment selected in the design package.
- Review and respond to technical and site queries.
- Support and attend the equipment “Factory Acceptance Tests” (FAT).
- Experience in project execution in accordance with Saudi Aramco and World Wide industrial standards.
- Monitor and review in coordination with Saudi Aramco PMT the performance and work quality of the contractor.
- Ensure that the design work by contractor is in accordance with Aramco design standards (SAES, SAMSS), applicable codes/regulations, and acceptable work practice.
- Assist the Project Managers and Project Engineers in evaluating Material Requisitions (MR), Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and Award Recommendation (AR) provided by Contractor and able to perform Procurement support.
- Review and evaluate Change Orders to ensure full compliance with standards and that costs are in line with project budget.
- Work closely with Engineering Teams during the project to ensure facility integrity in terms of HSE.
- Provide technical assurance for electrical discipline deliverables for projects.
- Prepare approvals of the electrical engineering packages prior to being issued for construction.
- Lead and recommend new improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standards.
Review design drawings and documents, material and equipment specifications and analyses the deviations. Resolving piping related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards. Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, line designation, economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes & standards, procedures and specifications.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Review and understand blueprints of designs prepared by planners and supervising installation works.
Plan and prepare schedule for finishing work within deadlines.
Ensure efficiency of the piping system.
Ensure that the job progresses as per schedule.
Meet with architects and planners in order to discuss plans and clarify installation process.
Implement and ensure safety measures in the place of work.
Prepare estimates of the piping work.
Document various stages of development of the project.
Monitor contractor design, procurement and construction to ensure selection and timely delivery of the best technical/economical solutions for M&P systems.
Monitor contractor to ensure the overall design, integrity and compliance with international standards, company specifications and engineering best practices.
Advise for overseeing detailed Design of EPCC contractor meet project milestones.
Involvement in Engineering reviews with co-ordination of field input.
Review/audit the schedule, supporting procedures and progress certificate.
Involvement in Hazop studies.
Involvement in Construction risk assessment reviews and constructability workshop.
Review of the field engineering related procedures.
Coordination of the 3D Model Reviews and TAG resolution.
Involvement in interface review.
Support on engineering input for early construction scope with development of appropriate contract input to support execution.
Review of scope, MTO and pay items for change orders. Reply for Technical Queries.
Educational & Technical Requirements
- 10 -15 years of experience in design, engineering and construction (Aramco experience is preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree within the Electrical Engineering field or a BA in Science with a focus in Electrical Engineering
- Certified Engineer desirable
- Engineer must be familiar with NEC, IEEE/ANSI, IEC and other International electrical standards, best practices and value practices
- Be fully familiar with analogue and Digital Control Systems including Power System Automation (PSA), DCS, PLC and SCADA controls
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is required to perform the necessary analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations and keep up with technical advancements
- Have experience with Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) or similar software and all Microsoft office.
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Excellence/ Drive for results
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: