Fire Fighting Engineer
Haven't found what you are looking for?
The Fire fighting engineer is part of the technical department reliability group in our plant in Rotterdam (renewable fuels).
The overall responsibility of the technical department is:
- Technical/technology support of the manufacturing organization relative to its safe, compliant and efficient operations.
- Owner of the capital projects portfolio from inception to execution
- Owner of the asset integrity management programs
- Owner/Custodian of the technical/engineering master data
The role of the reliability engineers is to develop, own and follow through on the asset integrity program(s) to assure safe, compliant operations to meet the BA plant availability.
The Fire fighting Engineer provides assurance of the condition of all fire fighting equipment and ensures successful annual certification of the fire fighting system inspection.
The Fire fighting Engineer ensures:
- all required maintenance by own personnel and third parties is executed in time,
- monitors the necessary tests
- documentation is up to date
- he inspection plan is followed and executed in time
- assurance that the local legislation is incorporated in the Neste Netherlands Management system (Bio+)
- required training to the operators.
The Fire fighting Engineer investigates and participates in root cause analyses related to deviations of the desired state of the system. The Fire fighting engineer provides support for maintaining the applicable fire fighting equipment for the Sluiskil location.
In addition to the fire fighting scope, the Fire fighting Engineer can may fulfil investigations on other topics, depending on experience and necessity.
Reports to Reliability supervisor
RESULT EXPECTATIONS / FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Ensure successful annual inspection and follow-up if required
- Make sure all documentation is in accordance with local legislation
- Ensure annual certification of the fire fighting system
- Preventative maintenance plans
Support/update preventative maintenance programs together with the reliability engineer. Updated PM plans and prepare standard jobs, based on transparent criteria (such as TB-80 or NFPA)
- Assists and leads RCA in the relevant discipline
- Support and conduct audits
- Provide relevant training to the operators and other involved personnel
Projects & modifications
- Provides input to the fire fighting scope for company engineering projects during the design phase
- Providing assurance that the selected scope is in line with the local legislation and the company/international standards and specifications.
Education / experience
- Bachelor level or equivalent in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or similar engineering degree, affinity with fire fighting systems
- Knowledge of NFPA and other fire fighting standards
- Minimum 5 years experience in process of refineries, chemical plants
Good communicating skills at various levels, from the
management level to the operational level
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: