Haven't found what you are looking for?
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of HSSER located in Muskrat Falls NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 Months
Moving into the mechanical /electrical construction phase of the project, this position is required to support the
implementation and maintenance of aproject-specific H&S management system within the existing Integrated
Management System framework at the Muskrat Falls Generation construction site. The HSSER Advisor shall assist field management and personnel with fostering a culture in support of a "Zero Incident" mind set, whereby all accidents are considered to be preventable. Working with LCP site personnel and its contractors to strive for Zero harm to personnel, material and non-material assets. The LCP Health and Safety Advisor has responsibility for the day-to-day field assessment of permitted activities for the construction, commissioning, and handover stages of the main generation Powerhouse at the Muskrat Falls Generation
The duties and job functions of the HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY&EMERGENCY RESPONSE Advisor shall include, but are
not limited to the following:
- Routinely monitor the implementation and maintenance of the NE- H&S management system with respect to field level compliance at the Muskrat Falls Generation worksite.
- Provide HSSER oversight of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical systems installation and Commissioning activities.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of programs encompassing Permit to Work and Safe Work Practice systems /processes, training programs as the project moves into commissioning and start-up phases. Work with contractors to implement such programs.
- Support SIMOPS program.
- Provide HSSER support and guidance to field personnel.
- Periodically monitor the functionality and overall quality of the site Emergency Response function is at all site levels, including the periodic observation and monitoring of site drills to evaluate NE- Emergency Management Capability and document actions in an actual response. Manage close-out of resulting actions.
- Assist in the compliance assessment and completion of Federal and Provincial OHS orders, issuances and variance a pplications, as warranted/required.
- Provide input into contractor's construction safety execution plans, health and safety management systems, emergency response plans and safe work practices.
- Provide HSSER reports per project standards.
- Assist with the conduct of a formal incident investigation /root cause analysis, as required. Review incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure any and all Lessons Learned are captured and reflected in ongoing work as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic audits of LCP and Contractor work activities at the Muskrat Falls site to ensure overall compliance with the NE-LCP H&S management system (policies, standards, safe work practices and safe work procedures), and prepare and issue formal audit reports.
- Identify hold points and ensure process compliance for critical activities such as Lock Out Tag Out, Critical Lift, Confined Space and Working at Heights.
- Regular interface with Contractors and Senior Management on HSS&ER matters specifically related to electrical and mechanical installations, permit to work and commissioning activities.
•University graduation or graduation from a technical college, supplemented by additional training in Health and Safety Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Certified Auditor training in ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 or ISO 18001 are desirable.
•CRSP, CSP, NCSO or equivalent designation is an asset.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
•Minimum 5 to 7 years experience implementing Health and Safety programs for large construction projects.
•Experience working in energized installations.
•Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
Candidate should have loss prevention experience and working knowledge in areas such as: process safety management, incident/injury prevention, hazard identification, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, safe operating procedures and standards, behavioural safety programs, and incident investigation.
•Experience working with contractors to ensure their Health and Safety Systems Applications meet or exceed minimum requirements.
•Proficient in conducting H&S Management System Auditing.
•Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
• Safety oriented.
~ Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
• Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within amulti-functional team
environment (matrix style organization structure).
• Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
• Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
• Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
• Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
• Must be able to work in acollaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
• Must be able to work on a 14/7 rotational work schedule, including night shift.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.