Operations Engineer (TTO)
Haven't found what you are looking for?
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of Operations (TTO) Engineer in St. John's, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: September 2020
- Responsible for taking initiative to develop technical engineering details and scope regarding operating contracts related to the major equipment located at the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse and related facilities.
- Work in cooperation with Muskrat Falls project construction team or suppliers, contractors, manufacturers and in cooperation with TTO Contract Team Lead to obtain all relevant project contract information that impacts long term operations of the Powerhouse.
- Work with TTO Contract Team Lead, Engineering Services and Procurement to put in place service and maintenance contracts to permit startup and future operations of the new Muskrat Falls Powerhouse.
- Prepare technical engineering details related to service and maintenance contract documents which will form part of internal and external documents for operations.
- In cooperation with Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Services become familiar with the Powerhouse structure, equipment and related facilities.
- Ensure all required records, drawings, technical manuals and standards are obtained and reviewed where required to develop operating contracts.
- Prepares operating contracts and related technical details using applicable Engineering Codes, Work Protection Code, H&S Programs, Safety Manuals and Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in other duties and engineering activities as delegated by the TTO Financial Manager and Contract Lead.
- PEG-NL registered and certified
- Other combination of skills, experience and education may be considered
- Minimum of seven years progressively responsible experience in engineering research, development, and finalization of work scope requirements to support start up of operating contracts for a new Hydro Powerhouse and related Facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in a Hydro electrical utility environment and field maintenance.
- Knowledge of large company Engineering programs and standards.
- Working knowledge of applicable electrical industry standards as it relates to work execution and capital project management.
Special Skills and Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated planning/leadership to effectively progress operating contracts for new Hydro electric start up operations in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations related to industrial maintenance and engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, both internal and external.
- Excellent teambuilding and influence skills, as well as a dedicated team player.
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Ability to travel periodically to various locations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software is required.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: