Project Manager - Automation
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following key contract positions: Project Manager - Automation
Work Location: Bergen
Start up: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time.
1. Project leadership: Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and
external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
2. Planning and scheduling:
Defines, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
3. Project execution and control:
Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies.
Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization.
Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed.
Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
4. Contract, claims and procurement management:
Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with client`s policies and contractual agreements.
Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
5. Stakeholder relations:
Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues.
Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
6. Health, safety and environment (HSE):
Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
• Good customer relation
• Team player
• Risk management
• Scope-Management / Change Management
• Resource management within project
• Preferred M.Sc. / B.Sc.
• Lack of formal technical education may be compensated by relevant experience
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Project Manager within Automation
• Good contract knowledge
• Knowledge of automation systems in the Oil, Gas or Petrochemical industry.
• English: Orally and Writing
• Norwegian: Fluent
• Initiative, interpersonal skills and efficiency
• Ability to work structured, systematic and independently
• Flexibility and wish to undertake responsibility
• Ability and motivation for personal development and challenges
• Communicative skills within team and towards customer
• Fluent Norwegian and English, written and spoken
We can offer:
• Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment
• Excellent possibilities to learn and develop
• Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers
• Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization
• Professional growth
• Various company benefits
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Haven't found what you are looking for?
- Instrument, Controls & Automations• PLC programming & HMI design • Establish system design, implement and document the solutions according to customer’s requirements •Hordaland, Norway