Senior Project Planner
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of Senior Project Planner in St. John's, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 year, renewable
Sr. Project Planner is responsible for assisting in the planning, preparing reports for management, monitoring activity progress, implementing change management procedures and identifying schedule variances and engaging stakeholders to ensure integration of project plans.
The Sr. Project Planner is also responsible for attending meetings with Engineering, to review work schedules and backlogs and identify areas for development opportunity. While the documents and data produced by the Sr. Project Planner may be subject to review by the manager, this position requires minimal supervision.
- Develop, maintain and integrate schedules for a variety of overall development options
- Develop, maintain and integrate schedules for a variety of Operational Excellence scopes
- Facilitate Development Economics Planning including developing options and "what if" scenarios in workshop settings as needed
- Audit contractors’ schedules/progress systems to ensure quality and accuracy of information during engineering and construction phases
- Perform schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines or specialty
- Compile and analyze project schedule/progress data for reporting
- Develop project specific procedures and work instructions
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in planning & scheduling (15-20 years)
- Proficient with Primavera, MS Project and MS Office (10-15 years)
- Experience in analyzing data and trends, to make recommendations to the project team (10-15 years)
- Experience in planning/scheduling (10-15 years)
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering
- Certified Engineering Technologist
- Professional Technologist
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- AACEI certification - Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP)
- Certified Planner
- Experience in progress and productivity measurement (10 years)
- Experience in schedule risk analysis (10-15 years)
- Understand cost control, document management, change management and contractual functions (10-15 years)
- Experience in Earned Value Analysis (10 years)
- Development Economics Planning (5 years)
- Experience working in oil and gas (10-15 years)
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: