Senior/Principal Marine Engineer-OW
Haven't found what you are looking for?
- MarineThe main task will be to set contracts, follow up technical scope of work and ensure safe, efficient operations. The work opens up for some offshoreRogaland, Norway
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following key contract position: Senior/Principal Marine Engineer-OW
Work Location: Haugesund, Asker
Start date: Mar 2021
Planned end date: Dec 2021
Applications will be processed and continuously evaluated
- Design of platform ballasting system (Main responsibility)
- Prepare ballasting procedures (Main responsibility)
- Be a team member of the marine & structural main steel group.
- Be responsible for the engineering related to structural & marine operations, i.e. main steel, fabrication, load-out, jacking, ballasting, transportation (both barge and HTV) etc.
- Technical input to marine procurement and subcontracts
- Discipline interface towards other disciplines, T&I contractor, client, etc
- Interface subcontractors
- Procedure development for marine operations
- Input to design reports.
- Installation aids concept design
- Load-out, transport, lifting manual’s
- Operations management
- Strength and stability calculations
- Master or Bachelor Degree
Required Work Experience:
- Experience with design of ballasting system.
- Deep and long experience from large new build topside and substructure projects within NCS (DNV/EUROCODE) for both fixed and floating structures.
- Specialist within marine engineering and operations related to topside and substructure new build NCS projects.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience from NCS offshore projects.
- The candidate must:
- Have good communication skills
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Be systematic, accurate and independent
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English - both oral and in writing.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: