Lead Electrical Engineer 5 – Data Centers/Mission Critical – California, USA – Virtual
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Lead Electrical Engineer 5 – Data Centers/Mission Critical
Responsible for leading the delivery of design-only, design-build, and construction only project Electrical Engineering deliverables for Data Centers & Mission Critical infrastructure. You will work with a collaborative team of engineers experienced in the Data Center, Mission Critical and Commercial projects. The ideal candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD/Revit/BIM and have an ability and interest to engage in a variety of responsibilities to ensure we safely delivery projects that meet or exceed client expectations. To do so effectively, candidates must be able to problem solve and deal with ambiguous scopes to provide clients with flexible solutions on a fast pace schedule. Additionally, a successful candidate must possess professional written and verbal communication skills as this role will interact directly with our clients, which include many of the top companies within the Data Center industry as well as enterprise-level clients with mission critical infrastructure needs.
- Lead efforts to deliver detailed design of large-scale data center/mission critical environments while following allcompany, client and project design; may involve leading teams dedicated to these design deliverables.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Data Center/Mission Critical design.
- Work closely with engineering project teams and field personnel to complete and review projects on scope,budget and schedule.
- Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Incorporateschedules, budgets and project criteria into physical design and layouts.
- Possess a willingness to function in multiple job roles simultaneously.
- Provide guidance and insight into design risk factors for redundancy and resiliency.
- Conducts field surveys, drawings, and other data to assess conditions of existing facilities and develop summaryreports.
- Prepare and/or review technical drawings to ensure that installations and designs conform to standards andcustomer requirements.
- Review drawing and modeling production work, including problem analysis.
- Provide guidance to ensure that designs comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Compiles data and creates engineering studies and reports.
- Perform detailed calculations as needed by the project.
- Mentor, provide guidance, and potentially supervise more junior-level engineers and designers.
- Provides training for other technical personnel in areas of expertise.
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to determine proper requirements for projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills areimperative to success in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Previous experience within Data Center and/or Mission Critical Facilities.
- Demonstrated understand of design risk factors for redundancy and resiliency.
- Understanding of design differences in hyper-scale, edge, and colocation data centers.
- Possesses a proficiency in 3D modeling as well as managing and creating complex families with customparameters within Autodesk Revit.
- Sound problem solving skills and experience.
- Familiarity with Data Center tier rating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Revit
- Experience utilizing BIM 360, Navisworks, Revit work sets, view templates and project phasing.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Self-motivated to deliver results when given a deadline.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and leverage data and metrics to challenge current assumptions.
- Use AutoCAD/Revit/BIM and engineering studies software to perform engineering tasks.
- Sound, professional communication skills to engage in client-facing activities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit of such registration
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: