Lead Electrical Engineer 6 – Substation & Transmission Design – West Coast, USA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Lead Electrical Engineer 6 – Substation & Transmission Design
Our Client is an employee-owned engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a 100-year legacy of innovations in sustainable infrastructure. They go beyond the project. Our client breaks down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Their work empowers their clients with the knowledge, ownership and confidence they need to make meaningful differences. Our client’s Global Power Business conventional, renewable, sustainable, reliable and integrated power solutions to customers. They are an organization of highly skilled professionals delivering data-driven and strategic planning, consulting, engineering, construction , program management and combined EPC solutions. They are dedicated to innovation and staying up to date with technology advancements and have a desire to help their clients navigate changing demands and regulatory compliance, while providing a cost-effective competitive advantage.
Our client’s Power division is one of the largest and most geographically diverse groups in the industry, serving electric power transmission and distribution clients worldwide. Our client provides complete engineering, procurement, and construction new asset and operating asset services in the following areas:
- Overhead Transmission Lines
- Underground Transmission Lines
- Renewables Integration
In this role you will function in a technical specialist or supervisor role. You will independently develop and apply advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approach unique engineering problems. In addition, you may have the opportunity to supervise engineering staff on medium to high complex projects, serve as a technical specialist providing your expertise.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and company policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company quality program while performing internal Quality Assurance technical reviews.
- Provides guidance and direction to others.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects, 500KV-13.8KV, such as one-lines, connection diagrams, panel elevations and protection & control schematics, RTU control, status and analog point lists, raceway/cable schedules, grounding drawings, plan and section drawings, substation equipment.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for substation equipment, 500KV-13.8KV, and/or materials selection.
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
- Responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal and external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Defines project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
- Interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- Identify key client interests, communicate drivers to project team members and develop solutions for moderately complex projects.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area.
- Actively advances knowledge management of the enterprise and provides mentoring.
- Subject matter expert, has additional expertise in a technical area, participates on technical committees, and assists with code and standard.
- Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions.
- Implements resource management strategy.
- Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline.
- Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country or be in active pursuit* of such registration.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment: extensive sitting, keyboarding and telephone usage. Limited lifting/carrying of files and boxes.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: