Lead Electrical Engineer – Solar Utility Scale Design – USA
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Lead Electrical Engineer – Solar Utility Scale Design located in the USA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Function as a technical lead design engineer managing, leading and designing a variety of solar utility scale projects and teams
- Develop electrical design deliverables of solar (PV) panels
- Create one-line drawings and collection system layouts, power cable sizing and cable schedules, equipment sizing and more!
- Actively participate in management, project scheduling, and work resource planning meetings
- Interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- QA/QC projects and mentor junior engineers
You will also need to have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience with specifying and procuring electrical equipment (listed below)
- Understand and be able to work within a schedule and manhours budget
- Familiar with applicable NEC and IEEE/ANSI standards
- Experience with electrical equipment such as: MV and LV switchgear, pad mount transformer, Transformer -GSUT, panel boards, breakers, protective relays, inverter, battery, battery chargers, disconnect switches, surge arrestors, dead front disconnect switch, medium voltage cable, low voltage cable, control cable, fiber optic cable
- Experience with engineering calculations such as: load flow, short circuit and reactive capability analysis (ETAP or SKM), Arc flash analysis (ETAP or SKM), Cable ampacity study (CYMCAP or equivalent), grounding analysis, AC-DC voltage drop calculations, VOC/ISC calcs, AC/DC Cable sizing
- Completed 1-2 utility scale solar projects
- 2 years of solar experience specifically
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of power generation
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Dealing with Ambiguity And Building Effective Teams
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- PE License
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Instills trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizational savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter
Job ID: #29854