Maintenance Engineer – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Groups is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Maintenance Engineer in St. John’s, NL
Duration: 2-3 Months
- Work will be out of the St. John’s office location, with the possibility of site trips
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour workweek, Monday to Friday, with the potential of extended work hours during the turnaround and other project work
- Provide day to day Asset Integrity Support (piping, valves, and pressure vessels) for engineering and maintenance related tasks based on priorities assigned by the maintenance engineering lead,
- Support onshore operations, including technical advice, procedure development, and leadership where required for onshore repairs, major failures, and planning of major offshore repairs,
- Support campaign maintenance planning and preparation activities through detailed work definition and respond to requests for engineering support related to stationary pressure equipment,
- Resolve urgent technical queries (TQ’s) within the maintenance engineering team,
- Specify temporary repairs for piping and pressure vessels and capture technical justification within a TQ response,
- Review and stamp all piping drawings created in-house,
- Ensure adherence to the management of change (MOC) policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and professional engineering designation,
- Minimum 10 years related experience in the petrochemical/oil and gas business with desired experience in fixed and floating production systems, topsides facilities and offshore operations support,
- In-depth knowledge of ASME B31.3, along with familiarity with ASME Section VIII Div. 1 and Div. 2,
- Working knowledge of ASME PCC-1, PCC-2, API 510, API 570 & API 579,
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices,
- Familiarity with surface protection products, NDE techniques and applications,
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations and Lloyd’s Register ship rules,
- Computer fluent in MS/Office and experience with SAP,
- Ability to integrate into a diverse team of individuals.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment,
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills,
- Understand complex processes and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement and creative process enhancements.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter