Materials Coordinator I – St. John’s, NL
Dovre group is pleased to offer the following employment opportunity: Materials Coordinator I located in Newfoundland & Labrador.
The Materials Coordinator will perform and manage all of the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects. They will act as the interface between the business unit and procurement. This person will actively interact with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Verifying materials availability for all scheduled outage/planned and emergent work.
- Providing supply chain input into Plant/Mine equipment maintenance strategies where requested.
- Coordinating effective and efficient logistics requirements for Routine and Shutdown work.
- Consulting with Procurement, OEM and vendors to develop best practices, procedures and standards with respect to materials availability.
- Providing frequent updates on material availability to required parties (i.e. business, supply chain) and Lead in root cause analysis for failed supply chain processes.
- Identifying opportunities to consume Business Line Materials and destock inventory (utilize stock on hand).
- Influencing B/L to select materials on hand or from preferred vendors.
- Utilizing proper material code with an agreement supplier.
- Utilizing proper material code with a non-agreement supplier.
- Working in the Planner Cockpit (SAP PM rather than MM Module).
- P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions.
- Coordinating with logistics coordinator for timely material delivery.
- Timely requisitions for break ins.
- Acting as the MDG requester for master data changes and improvements.
- Providing guidance and assistance to the requester and supplier for getting a Vendor Master record created in SAP.
- Identifying SAP data issues.
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools.
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant.
- Advanced time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Advanced written and oral communications skills.
- Influencing with and without authority.
- Organization skills.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter