Navigation Systems Engineer – Halifax, NS
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Navigation Systems Engineer. This is a permanent full-time role located in Halifax, NS.
- Provide independent oversight of requirements, design, integration and test of all navigation systems aboard the CSC platform.
- Aid in the development and compliance of all aspects of the navigation design, function, integration, test and evaluation.
- Aid in scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned Company and Navigation Systems IPT activities in support of program milestones.
- Aid in the review of design and production products to support the installation and test of the navigation systems into the platform.
- Aid in evaluating engineering changes presented by the subcontractor to ensure impacts or risks to integration activities are understood and recorded.
- Take a lead role in executing technical tasks for the Nav team.
- Help develop the skills and knowledge of the junior team members.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (Canadian government representatives and subcontractors).
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm, and proactive behaviour within the Combat System team.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
- A post-secondary degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or similar Engineering discipline
- 4 to 7 years of experience working as an engineer in the shipbuilding or defence industry
- Eligible for membership with Engineers Nova Scotia as a P.Eng (or EIT)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Marine navigation methods or equipment
- Defence projects including formal validation and verification
- Engineering Design processes and engineering change control
- Internet Protocol Networking or serial communications
- Marine regulations such as Lloyd’s Register Classification of Ships
- Requirements Management
- Verification Test planning and execution
- Installation and commissioning of complex electronics on ships
- Knowledge of a shipyard production environment
- Experience with Naval systems integration and testing
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with Naval technical terminology
- Experience with certification and accreditation of Naval Systems
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Our Client is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within the company;
- Relocation costs (if applicable).
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: