Nuclear Engineer 4 – Toronto, ON
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Nuclear Engineer 4 located in Toronto, ON.
- Our Client is seeking a Lead Electronic and Physical Security System Engineer to assist in the technical design documentation for General Electric-Hitachi (GEH)’s BWRX-300 Small Modular Reactor (SMR) technology for a Nuclear Power Plant.
- Our Client is engaged in a variety of engineering and design activities in support of the addition of small modular reactor (SMR) technology for GEH in North America. This work entails studies, design verification, and conceptual layout for SMR units and the Balance of Plant systems required for support. The senior security engineer will work as part of our team.
- Nuclear experience can be utilized but is not absolutely required.
- Working directly with the project team to generate engineering design documents and deliverables for systems related to the power plant electronic and physical security systems.
- May provide oversight of lower-level engineering work or assignments.
- Previous electronic and physical security system design experience for large scale power plants and/or government / military facilities. Nuclear plant experience would be considered a plus.
- Experience in developing design criteria, operational, safety, and security strategies, drawings, diagrams, details, enclosure drawings, equipment lists, calculations, and specifications for physical and electronic security systems.
- Experience in integrated electronic security systems including intrusion detection, inner area intrusion detection, building access control, cameras, search and monitoring systems, security monitoring rooms, alarm stations, security lighting, security power, security networks, and security computer hardware.
- Experience coordinating security system design with electrical, architectural, and structural security design elements.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be both an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Willingness to learn processes and procedures specific to the nuclear industry including Safeguards Information (SGI).
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license or the ability to acquire P.Eng. license within 6-12 months from hire.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: