PIPING & LAYOUT LEAD (BROWNFIELD) – Bergen, Sandsli
Location: Bergen, Sandsli – Stavanger or Stjørdal is also an option.
Generic Role Description – Piping & Layout Lead
Role and responsibilities
• Lead the Piping & Layout discipline work in the project phases.
• For early phase projects, responsible for scoping and follow-up of studies in Piping & Layout discipline and maturation of Piping & Layout deliveries as required per project phase.
• During FEED and execution phase, responsible for follow-up of Contractor(s) and, when relevant, supplier(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
• The Piping & Layout lead has overall responsibility for the discipline and decides split of responsibilities internally within the discipline.
Tasks and deliveries
• As part of an engineering management team, contribute to decision making, planning, project risk, quality and control activities.
• Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
• Select and/or develop specifications and provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI).
• Plan and execute Piping & Layout quality assurance activities.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing parties and disciplines. Contribute to resolving interface issues.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes (E.g.. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TQ/SQ/CQ), and variation order requests (VOR)).
• Manage, evaluate and handle relevant change proposals and requests for deviation from requirements in TORG and contract (NC requests/DISP) within set timeframes.
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Perform “Internal Colleague Review” and ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
• MSc/BSc in relevant technical area
• Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience (depending on role)
• Good piping and layout* knowledge
• Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
• Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering
• Fabrication and installation experience is an advantage
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
• Strong SSU focus
• Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
• Team player.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager