Process Simulations and Performance Specialist – Oslo
Work Location: Oslo
Duration: asap – 1 year
• The Process Simulations and Performance Specialist is responsible for the activities related to development and use of process simulations, both steady state- and dynamic simulations, in an asset lifecycle perspective, from conceptual design and into operations.
• The Process Simulations and Performance Specialist is responsible for a quality assured library of process simulations, both steady state- and dynamic simulations, for use during project- and operation phases. Access- and case modification shall be managed to ensure that deliverables from the various asset lifecycle stages are available with the right quality and fidelity for use during operations and potential modification projects.
• The Process Simulations and Performance Specialist will be the owner of the Lifecycle Operator Training Systems (LC-OTSs).
• The Process Simulations and Performance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the various LC-OTSs are available for training purposes.
• The Process Simulations and Performance Specialist is responsible for establishing an environment using monitored data (time-stamped) in combination with LC-OTS for operational support, predictive analytics, optimization, and decision-making using real-time simulators.
• Manage process simulations library, both steady state- and dynamic simulations, ensuring that models for use in engineering studies (debottlenecking, what-if, etc.) are updated and available for use;
• Promote the use of LC-OTS for virtual commissioning of the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) and startup activities;
• Establish a maintenance program for all LC-OTSs;
• Manage activities where the use of simulations, both steady state and dynamic simulations and training simulator(s) combined with available real-time data is used for operational support, optimization and decision making;
• Promote an Asset Lifecycle Management culture in Yinson Production;
• Monitor identified and emerging risks and advise on their prevention, mitigation and management;
• Recognize barriers within the organization, and assist in develop initiatives to address these;
• Attend meetings as required and actively participating in the group’s work;
• Being committed to, and actively involved in, pursuing the company Asset Lifecycle Management program’s outcomes;
• Visit offshore units and onshore offices as required.
• Responsible for maintaining a high degree of awareness.
• Lead by doing; setting an example for others.
• Observe and report any unsafe activities, conditions or situations.
If you observe anything unsafe use the ‘Stop Work’ Policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering and/or Automation, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field from offshore work with process operation and control;
• Experience in using process simulation tools, both steady state and dynamic simulations, and real time data acquisition system(s);
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in process support and/or operations support using simulations;
• Experience from larger project-based companies within the offshore industry, including operational support using the above-mentioned systems (simulations, OTS, real-time data acquisition);
• Fluent in English, proficiency in other languages is an advantage;
• Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Elena Krag Lien