Production Engineer – St. John’s, NL
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity: Production Engineer in St. John’s, NL
Responsible for providing process engineering, flow assurance and production chemistry support, guidance and recommendations on a day-to-day basis to both onshore and offshore Production Operations teams ensuring safe, optimal, and efficient operations from subsea through to topsides processing and gas handling.
Daily tasks include:
- Effective communication with the offshore and onshore teams troubleshooting processing and flow assurance issues; documentation of appropriate procedures and work instructions; managing/executing flow assurance and process engineering scopes related to production impacts; collaborating with other departments such as subsea operations, engineering, subsurface, developments and production engineering from a flow assurance and process engineering perspective.
- Provide technical support and monitoring of the Online Subsea Advisor providing subsea leak detection capabilities and hydrate monitoring to the offshore team.
- Support System discipline responsible engineers from a production process, flow assurance, and production chemistry perspective to ensure safe, optimized, and efficient operations from subsea through to topsides processing and gas handling.
- Participate in risk reviews such as ANRAS, NOPRAS, HAZOPs, and PHAs from a production process, flow assurance, and production chemistry risk perspective.
- Technical management of subsea and topsides models (OLGA and HYSYS) and PVT fluid files in collaboration with Flow Assurance
- Technical management of Production Chemistry Management Philosophies (hydrate, wax, scale, etc.) and the Chemical Injection Management Philosophy
- Technical liaison with the Production Chemicals vendor: collaborate/communicate with the Baker Account Manager and Laboratory Technicians on a regular basis supporting regular chemical usage reporting and updates; support and identify chemical optimization opportunities, coordinate investigations and implementation of chemical optimization opportunities.
- Define and manage flow assurance studies/scopes
- Support development of and review of procedures and work instructions.
- 5+ years related experience in oil/petrochemical industry (background in multiphase flow and production chemistry)
- Knowledge of subsea facilities and well operations, including interventions, completions, and workovers.
- Thorough understanding of all production equipment and systems on an offshore installation
- Understanding of reservoir behaviors, conditions and limitations
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter
Senior 360 Recruiter